Bloc Party, currently short-listed for the Nationwide Mercury Prize release a brand new single Two More Years on 3rd October 2005 through Wichita Recordings. This will be the band’s first new material since their debut Top 3 (Gold Selling) album Silent Alarm released earlier this year. Two More Years was recorded at Jacob’s studio, Surrey in July and produced by Paul Epworth and mixed by Alan Moulder in London. The single also features another new song, Hero and the much talked about Banquet (Streets remix).
Bloc Party release the album Silent Alarm Remixed on 29th August 2005. It features remixes by friends, artists and associates of all the tracks featured on the band’s debut album. The album is available on both CD and double LP.
Bloc Party are set to headline the Radio 1 stage at Reading / Leeds Festival on August Bank Holiday weekend. Followed by a Sold out tour of the UK in October. In-fact every live date from June 2004 to the end of the year has sold out worldwide. UK dates are as follows.
- 2nd Edinburgh Usher Hall
- 4th Glasgow Carling Academy
- 6th Newcastle Northumbria University
- 8th Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 9th Norwich UEA
- 10th Portsmouth Guildhall
- 12th Sheffield Octagon
- 13th Birmingham Academy
- 14th Birmingham Academy
- 16th Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
- 17th Liverpool Royal Court Theatre
- 18th Leeds University
- 20th Manchester Carling Apollo
- 21st Manchester Carling Apollo
- 22nd Leicester De Montfort Hall
- 24th Cardiff University
- 25th Bristol Carling Academy
- 26th Exeter University
- 28th London Carling Brixton Academy
- 29th London Carling Brixton Academy
Bloc Party are Kele Okereke – Voice & Guitar, Russell Lissack – Guitar,
Gordon Moakes – Bass & Voice, Matt Tong – Drums.