RELEASE DATE: 26th April 2004
LABEL: Too Pure
FORMATS: CDS, 7″, Download
That Man Will Not Hang is the first single to be taken from their forthcoming album, The Difference Between Me And You Is That I’m Not On Fire (the follow-up to 2002’s excellent mclusky Do Dallas).
Outside of a change of personnel (with new drummer Jack Egglestone joining mid-way through last year), fortunately very little has changed in the world of mclusky. They’re still the same ballsy band that the NME said ‘gave independence a good name’. None of their bite, spark or invention has been lost and they still play frenetic live sets unlike any other band we know.
The new album was all recorded at the tail end of last year by Steve Albini in his Illinois studio after they had completed their inaugural Australian tour and contains thirteen tracks that are, arguably, subtler than mclusky previous. Don’t be fooled, however, there are no punches being pulled.
- April 24th – CARDIFF Ifor Bach
- April 25th – EXETER Cavern
- April 27th – GLASGOW Tuts
- April 28th – MANCHESTER Roadhouse
- April 29th – PRESTON The Mill
- April 30th – BIRMINGHAM Acadamy
- May 1st – LEEDS Joseph Wells
- May 3rd – NOTTINGHAM Rescue Rooms
- May 4th – OXFORD Zodiac
- May 5th – BRIGHTON Concorde 2
- May 6th – LONDON The Garage
Book tickets through ticketmaster.co.uk