Having already been hailed by Steve Lamacq as one of the top three acts to have played ‘In The City'; not bad for a debut gig. With that, and XFM picking up on an early demo, Pure Reason Revolution are placed to be one to watch. They have a big sound that is built from the harmonies between the four vocalists, the powerful use of the synths and keyboards, and the grandness of the guitars. Both ‘Apprentice Of The Universe’ and ‘Nimos & Tambos’ are like The Music duetting with The Beach Boys. This infectious West Coast meets psychedelia sound won’t fail to get you your dancing head on.
Pure Reason Revolution are touring in May; catch them at the following gigs,
- May 5 – Winchester, The Railway
- May 17 – Liverpool, Academy 2
- May 18 – Manchester, Night and Day
- May 19 – Bristol, Louisiana
- May 24 – Cambridge, Portland Arms
- May 26 – Chelmsford, The Bassment
- May 27 – Birmingham, Jug of Ale
- May 28 – Tumbridge Wells, The Forum
If you can’t make those then don’t worry, more dates are to be announced soon
Book tickets through ticketmaster.co.uk
Label : Poptones
Release Date : 19 April 2004
Website : www.prereasonrevolution.com
Pure Reason Revolution are Jon Courtney (Vocals/Guitar/Synth), Chloe Alper (Vocals/Bass), Greg Jong (Vocals/Guitar), James Dodson (Keyboards/Vocals), Andrew Courtney (Drums).