Two girls. Orenda Fink and Maria Taylor. With their fourth album ‘Hold on Love’ contrast warmth with haunting ethereal soundscapes, whilst crossing from romantic to tear-jerking in the flutter of an eyelash. They’re signed to probably the most respected label in the world right now, Omaha’s, Saddle Creek ( www.saddle-creek.com ), home to the likes of shortlist prize nominee Bright Eyes, plus The Faint, Rilo Kiley and many more…
They’re Azure Ray and they’re coming our way…
- Fri 13th Birmingham, The Sanctuary
- Sat 14th Exeter, Cavern Club
- Mon 16th Manchester, Life Cafe
- Tue 17th Glasgow, Nice N Sleazy
- Wed 18th Nottingham, The Social
- Thu 19th London, Lock 17 (Dingwalls)
“Mesmerising, more than a little subversive, and quite, quite magical.” Logo Magazine
“Seek and caress.” Drownedinsound.com
“Simply outstanding.” Rock Sound
“Azure Ray’s softly sung tales have a lot to offer.” Kerrang!
Single: ‘New Resolution’ out 26 January 2004 via Saddle Creek.
Album: ‘Hold on Love’ Out Now