“a jitter-pop smart bomb” NME
The Blueskins return to the road in December following final sessions for their debut LP, due for release in Spring of next year.
The band have spent the year alternating between studio sessions in the wilds of Snowdonia with producer Richard Formby (Spacemen 3, Spectrum) and incendiary gigs throughout the UK. Recent shows for Radio One in Brighton and MTV2 at York Fibbers have seen the band add to their ever growing fanbase.
Read On… Debut single “User Friendly” and the follow up Ep “Magic Road” have given the UK a taste of The Blueskins and these end of year shows are a last chance to catch one of the bands of 2003.
The dates include another special show for Playlouder and a special Christmas party with mulled wine and plenty of surprises at Highbury’s Electrowerkz.
Dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 2nd – London, THE ICA Playlouder night (with The Killers and headline act Ikara Colt)
- Thursday 11th – Leeds, Wardrobe
- Friday 12th – Sheffield, Fez Club
- Saturday 13th – Coventry, Colliseum
- Monday 15th – Bristol, Louisiana
- Tuesday 16th – Colchester, Soundhaus
- Wednesday 17th – Southend, Chinnerys
- Thursday 18th – London, Electrowerkz
“A Christmas Special” featuring: The Blueskins, Mountaineers, The Dead 60’s plus live guest tbc
Simian Mobile Disco (live decks and fx)
Dj Father Christmas & The Merry Tom Tens
plus: Mince Pies and Mulled Wine, a christmas raffle and other christmas surprises