The Open, recently to be found at Art College in Liverpool, have been playing dates about the North and the Midlands, which brought them to the attention of a new label called Loog… The titular track on their debut EP begins in the jangly indie mould before erupting into jagged guitar and piercing solos to great effect. The more psychedelic ‘Music’ and ‘Drown’ show a lighter, but no less dramatic side to the band. These guys could well be one to watch.
The Open are on tour. Catch them at the following venues.
(Supporting The Duke Spirit)
- 18 Nov – Bristol Louisiana
- 19 Nov – Oxford Zodiac
- 20 Nov – Manchester Roadhouse
- 22 Nov – Wolverhampton Civic Little Room
- 23 Nov – Nottingham Social
- 24 Nov – Glasgow Barfly
(Supporting The Thrills)
- 25 Nov – Hull University
- 26 Nov – Lancaster Sugarhouse
- 27 Nov – Bristol University
- 29 Nov – Oxford Brookes University
- 3 Dec – Birmingham NEC
If you are lucky enough to find a copy of this limited edition release (only 500 CDs and 500 12″s are available) then you too can delight in tracks that are part old school indie, part psychedelia and part good old rock.